Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Painted paper trees

I used some of my 1st graders' artwork for our volunteer gifts in my previous post.  The remaining classes also completed a similar version but instead of using green construction paper for the leaves, we used our painted paper that we created earlier in the year.  I also had a substitute for one group and she is a fantastic one!  I left lesson plans for them to create just the background with paint, and I failed to specify which direction I had originally intended for the paper to be oriented.  So, she did that very first step portrait instead of landscape, and I am so glad she did, because I think I love them even more this way!!





Here are the landscape versions, I was thinking it would be better to have more room for the flowers, but now I love both versions.



















No comments:

Post a Comment