Monday, January 7, 2019

Paper sculpture

The last few days before Christmas break, my students worked on these gorgeous paper sculptures.  Each grade level did something different, but all were required to create a three dimensional sculpture with paper.  As much as I'd like to give my students a little more freedom, I honestly end up with not much of anything, simply because they just don't know what to create! So we save that for free draw time when they are finished with projects.  In the meantime, I teach them step by step for most of our projects, and when they finish, they're often inspired to create a variation of something they've learned.  For example, my 6th grades created these amazing cone paper sculptures in all white, and a few students that finished early made a smaller sculpture in different shapes and/or colors.  





My 7th graders got a little taste of quilling with these paper snowflakes. 





These looked so pretty stacked up as I was on my way to the display case!






My 8th graders worked on an origami style sculpture, I'll put those in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment