Thursday, April 11, 2019

First round of glaze firings - 6th grade coil pots!

I had planned to wait until I had more pieces ready to post, but these are so beautiful I had to post a few pics! This project has been a lengthy process, between all of the steps and so many students missing days for the flu that hit our county hard.  Now the weather has turned warm and everything outside is blooming and beautiful, just like these amazing pieces!


I know... those paper sculptures have lived in the display case for a while, but they looked so great with the pottery so I left a few. :)

In case you missed my previous post, the underglazes made our pieces look like this:
 Easter pottery anyone? 

Then we coated with a few coats of clear, which really made my students anxious! The clear gloss glaze has an aqua tint that completely covers their beautiful colors, but fires clear.  I had to reassure them over and over that it would not ruin their colors! 


These houses, along with 7th grade’s gnomes, are in the kiln firing to their beautiful splendor as I type! More pics to come! 





No comments:

Post a Comment